Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or alternatively use alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Remove the mask from its packaging only touching the elastic ties or ear loops. Check that the mask doesn’t have any tears or other defects.
- Make sure you wear the mask the right side out. Any information printed by the manufacturer should be displayed outside. If there is no print, the most padded side should be placed against your face. Make sure the nose bridge or strip is placed on the nose.
- Place the ear loops around your ears. Make sure the mask is properly unfolded. It should cover your nose, mouth and chin.
- Ensure that there are no gaps between your face and the edges of the mask.
- Do not touch or reposition the mask once it’s in place until you remove it.
- After removal, dispose of single-use masks.
- Wash your hands before and after each mask change.
Back to Immune System Blog